Friday, December 12, 2008

Jack is now on Facebook

That's right! I've finally decided to embrace my inner 18 year old and have set up a Facebook account. This is still a work in progress but you can now add me as a friend using "Voluntary Simplicity Jack". Expect new videos, pics, and related voluntary simplicity craziness. Plus, definitely relish the thought of chatting with some of my favorite readers, wherever they might be.

On an unrelated note, I wanted to give a shoutout to G., the Chinatown DC-NY bus driver who found one of my envelopes. This dude is pretty hardcore; he actually noticed me leaving an envelope in one of his bus seats somewhere near Baltimore, somehow tracked me down using my ticket info (don't ask, it was totally shady) and called to thank me last week. After 2 or 3 denials I came clean and we chatted for like half an hour. Very sweet guy. Looks like he gave half of the cash I found to one of his daughters.

7 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Oh, I am totally facebooking you. You'll be one of the lucky (read: unfortunate) ones who gets to put a face to my ridiculous tales...

Anonymous said...

What a great story about the bus driver finding your envelope. I love it. I don't think you will ever regret giving it away. So, how long will you keep up your blog? Any further plans for it?
Teresa

Nicola said...

not a facebookie, but the bus driver story is great!

donna said...

will look you up in facebook in astalker kind of way :)

Jack said...

Lilu,

I am definitely feeling lucky today...

Teresa,

Yeah, it was a great story, even if it was a bit scary at first. Yeah, will continue to blog so long as it makes sense to.

Nea,

No worries. The FB account is not going to supplant the blog. Just a place to put up some additional photos and chat whenever it makes sense to.

Anonymous said...

I just set up my Facebook, so I would love to add you to my friends. I never thought I would FB myself.
I am reading all of your blogs to get caught up. I found out about your blog totally by accident somewhere on the Internet. But I admire your decisions as I have been simplifying my life for the last year.

Jack said...

Donna,

I look forward to it!

Browneyed,

Thanks for the kudos. And thanks for adding me on facebook. Definitely an interesting experience.